Want to turn existing WordPress blog into a multi-author blog?Today we're sharing the tutorial on how you can easily grow your blog by switching your personal blog into a multi-author blog.
Keeping your blog personal is a good idea for those who shared the personal information, tricks and another type of personal blog, but it's not good for the most blogger who wants to grow their blog community.
By Switching multi-author blog you can:
- Focus on New Ideas.
- Focus on Social Enagement
- Optimize your blog with backlinks
- Can do research on New Ideas.
- Get benefits from other Experts bloggers
As I consider that multi-author blog is not a good option for all bloggers, if you're a blogger and want complete control over the content, blogger of your own product and service, then you probably don’t want to invite others to join you.
Do before switching to a multi-author blog
Before start inviting other bloggers to contribute on your blog with their articles, you should prepare by creating a simple document that shows your policies and conditions.This will ensure your content is appropriate for your blog.
It is in your hand that when you want to stop the multi-author blogging, you can easily make changes in the documents when you change your blog policies.
You can also allow submitting their guest post for non-members, it is also a good idea to create a page on your blog which shows the policies and method of submitting guest for non-members.
WordPress plugins for Non-member's Guest post
Non-member guest posting is also a good source of getting more content for your blog post.Peoples who visit your website can submit their post with the information related to the article such as Title of the article, description, images and others.
Really simple guest post plugin is a free plugin which can add the Submit guest post features for non-members so
As I consider that this plugin allows submitting the guest post without registration, all the articles submitted from non-members will redirect to the pending category which you can publish after reviewing it and make changes.
Just create a page with guidelines and policies and paste the shortcut to the form which you have to create with really simple guest post plugin.You can also set a page where visitors can redirect after submitting their posts.
[mag-simple-guest-post redirect="URL" author="username"]
- Really Simple Guest Post Plugin will create a form where your guests can submit their posts.
- Posts will be directly saved into WordPress database and will show up in Admin Dashboard as pending post with given Title, Description, Category, and Tags.
- Moderator will be able to review and approve them as needed.
- Authors Name, Author URL, and email will be added as a custom field.
- So simple and user-friendly
WordPress plugins for multi-author blogs
There many plugins available for non-member guest posting, but only a few of them are available for multi-author blogs.The plugins we arrange are much better than other and can help to manage multi-author blogs.
The core version of WordPress comes with only five differents users category: Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor, and Subscriber.You can't make changes in the users group and also, you are not allowed to create news user groups and that's the main reason that plugin such as user role editor is very helpful for multi-author blogs.
This plugin allows you to change the user role or a user group, for example, you can change any user from contributor to Editor, Author, Contributor, and Subscriber.With this plugin, you can't change the Administrator which secures your website from hackers.
- Block selected admin menu items for the role.
- Block selected widgets under "Appearance" menu for the role.
- Block selected meta boxes (dashboard, posts, pages, custom post types) for the role.
- Per posts/pages users access management to post/page editing functionality.
- Per plugin users access management for plugins activate/deactivate operations.
- Per form users access management for Gravity Forms plugin.
- Shortcode to show enclosed content to the users with selected roles only.
- Posts and pages view restrictions for selected roles.
Want to give identity to your multi-author blog?This plugin will definitely help you.Fancier author box is the complete WordPress plugin to add the author box on your WordPress blog.It is a popular plugin which is widely used by single and multi-author blog.
Author Box of this plugin attracts your readers' eyes. Connect with your audience on all levels and make sure people always read your author's bio and engage you on social networks.
- Social Networks options like Facebook, Twitter.
- Show in posts (above, below, both, none).
- Show in pages (above, below, both, none).
- Shows number of latest posts you specify and dates.
- Allow you to change colors.
This plugin makes it easy to display lists of user avatars on your (multiuser) blog. It also allows inserting single avatars for blog users or any email address into a post or page. (Great for displaying an image of someone you're talking about.)
It allows adding the list of authors in the sidebar by just paste the shortcode of the list.You can use this plugin to promote your users and shows the top authors.You can add a certain user in this list and also can remove the certain user from this list.
- Show a custom title (widget only).
- Only show specific user groups and/or hide certain users.
- Limit the number of users shown.
- Change the sort order of users or show in random order.
- Adjust the size of user avatars.
- Optionally show a user's name or biography.
- Show users from the current blog, all blogs or a selection of blogs (on WPMU/Multisite)
The best way to attract more peoples to contribute on your blog is sharing your profit with the users.Ad sharing is the plugin which is designed by
It keeps track of everything for you and automatically calculates how to split the revenue. Just insert the code for Adsense or any other third-party ad network, and Ad Sharing will take care of the rest.
- Fair, equitable and very attractive way to share ad revenue.
- No need to touch the code or alter template files to insert ad codes.
- Use any advertising partners you want – AdSense, context ads, etc.
- Sharing revenue motivates your users to promote your site
How to find guest bloggers for your blog
Finding guest blogger for your multi-author blog is probably the most challenging part of starting the multi-author blog.If you're a pro blogger and have a reputed blog on a specific niche and you get thousands of visitors monthly then many peoples are willing to write on your blog, but blogs with less traffic are rarely getting guest posts.
To find bloggers to join your blog, you can:
- ⦁ Search for blogs in or related to your niche and contact the blogger.
- Search for freelance bloggers using Google, or social media networks like Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Post a job ad on a site like ProBloggers.
- Post a call for applicants on your own blog, and promote the post via social media Here is the full article on the How to Find Great Guest Bloggers.
- Here is the full article on the How to Find Great Guest Bloggers.